PEAK’S APPROACH – ALERT LEVEL 2
Here’s what you need to know about how Peak will operate in Level 2 and beyond.
There’s new information being released all the time, and we will keep this page updated with the latest.
Rest assured that your safety will always be our first priority. That will never change.
Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions – we may not have all the information right now, but we will do our best to help.
Alert Level 2 guidance – what we know so far
We are confident to open our doors under Level 2, adhering to our health and safety protocols, on Thursday 14 May, with normal opening hours.
What is Peak doing to keep me safe?
- Disinfecting our equipment and physio beds after each use. Our team continues to observe high levels of hygiene, like washing hands after each patient contact.
- Disinfecting door handles, eftpos machines & frequently touched surfaces between each class
- Pilates pillows will be in zip lock bags
- All physio towels, blankets, covers and Pilates cushions are being washed more frequently
- We’re adding more disposable wipes and spray stations throughout the studios
- Hand sanitiser is available and clearly displayed at the door, with a sign that every client or staff member must use it on entry and exit to the studio
- Hand sanitiser and single use disinfectant wipe stations are in every physio room, at reception and easily accessible throughout the clinic
- Washing our hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds), then drying thoroughly. We even have a hand washing protocol and all staff are audited on this!
- Avoiding sharing tools and personal objects, like pens, phones and clipboards, or cleaning with disinfectant or disinfectant wipes after each use
- Systems being put in place to eliminate physical contact with and between patients. For example, using contactless processes for paying such as online or phone payments
- Maintaining physical distance between physio consultation rooms by having the physios on a rotation, so that there is sufficient time to clean and disinfect rooms between clients
- Keeping class numbers small to help minimise risk
- Maintaining appropriate distance during Pilates classes
- At times we may ask our clients to remain in their car prior to appointments to ensure maintains distance between clients in the waiting room
- If you notice a busy waiting room as you arrive please give our reception staff a call or wave to let them know you have arrived and when your physio or instructor is ready, we will call you in
- Our Pilates reformers are further apart to help minimise any risk
- Due to physical distancing restrictions in some of our studio mat areas, Pilates mat classes will continue online through Zoom calls in St Heliers during Level 2
- Our group Pilates classes will not be hands-on
- Verbal client consent for physical contact with instructors and physios for 1 on 1’s
- Ensuring people with COVID-19 symptoms stay off the premises, by screening patients and placing signage in studio stipulating risk minimisation
- Instruct colleagues and clients to stay home if they have any symptoms like fever or runny noses
- Direct people identified as having such symptoms to call Healthline (0800 358 5453) or contact their general practice
- Contact tracing – keeping track of anyone entering premises via Ezybook and a sign in sheet for new ‘visitors’, including potential contractors onsite eg: Courier drivers, electricians etc
- This information is important for the process of contact tracing, should it be required, to track down and prevent the further spread of COVID-19. The register will be kept for at least 2 months
- Providing public health messages and posters in studios to support good hygiene practices
- We will comply with all directives by the Ministry of Health and the Physiotherapy board, including:
- A big thank you to all our clients for your kindness, respect and most of all your patience. As soon as we know more detail on Level 2, we’ll let you know
- We look forward to see you soon when the time is right – rest assured your safety comes first
- In the meantime, our online classes and consultations are still available, to keep you feeling great through lockdown